What's it about
- Linking schools with a common goal
- Nurture positive values for peacebuilding in the minds of children and young people
- Be part of a platform to showcase peacebuilding activities and for sharing of good practice
- The Lead Organisations of this initiative are well-established with a long history of supporting education and youth development
What is in it for Schools?
- Recognised as a “PEACE SCHOOL” *
- Certificate of Recognition for participant
- School recognized on our website – School activities recognised in social media channels
- Support Teachers Professional Development Programme
* Renewable annually
Seminar and Promotional video
2022-23 Peace School Programme Launch cum Peace Schools for SDGs Seminar was successfully held on 11 November, 2022 at Applause Pavilion, Ocean Park. The Lead Organisations include GPC, Rotary Action Group For Peace (RAGFP) Hong Kong & Macao Chapter as well as Rotary District 3450.
The theme of the opening ceremony is “Peace School X ‘SDGs’: Nurturing ‘Peace’ and ‘Sustainable Development’ Culture”.
In addition, we are delighted to have the support from Ms. Vivian Kong, 2022 Asian épée fencing champion. Vivian will be the Ambassador for Peace School Programme.
2022-2023 Programme Schedule
Recognised Peace School 2021-2022 List
By joining this project, schools can reach out to all other schools and learning institutions in RI District 3450, including Hong Kong, Macao, Mongolia and the Guangdong Province of the PRC. The project is envisioned to be sustainable and scalable, allowing schools to explore their potential of peacebuilding.
With the urgent need for positive pace capacity building in light of the current social turmoil and COVID-19 pandemic, it is more vital than ever to engage in peace action start with youth and a network of schools.